Latest Community

Calendar – Week of Oct. 18

Ongoing Noon music The Jansen Art Center, 321 Front St., hosts free live noon-hour entertainment on Wednesdays in the Piano Lounge. Terhi Miikki-Broersma plays on Oct. 18, Emily Bailey ...

City of Ferndale Works to reduce domestic violence

By Mayor Jon Mutchler With 59 dead and 527 injured, our nation’s deadliest mass shooting touched the lives of Ferndale and Whatcom County citizens, some who were injured and others ...

Letters to the Editor — Oct. 4, 2017

Remembering Henry Scholten To me and the Seafarers, Henry Scholten’s passing is a considerable loss. In his 97 years, the last three and a half years as an associate chaplain to me ...

Letters to the Editor — Sept. 27, 2017

A veteran’s take With the NFL last Sunday showing a complete and total disrespect for our flag, I’m compelled to share my opinion. You also showed a disrespect to all service men ...

Two Ferndale scouts complete Eagle projects

By Brent Lindquist [email protected] FERNDALE — Ferndale is no stranger to Eagle Scout projects popping up around town, and 2017 is no different. Just last year, Eagle Scout ...

Calendar – Week of Sept. 13

Ongoing Noon music The Jansen Art Center, 321 Front St., hosts free live noon-hour entertainment on Wednesdays in the Piano Lounge. Linda Roorda plays Sept. 13, Nell Veenstra Sept. ...

Letters to the Editor — Sept. 13, 2017

A note on Houston Please note that Houston has been the national building industry’s poster child for the miracle of affordable housing through permissive planning, environmental ...

Public Meetings — Sept. 13, 2017

Wednesday, Sept. 13 • Ag Water Board (coordinating entity of Watershed Improvement Districts), 1796 Front St., Lynden, 1 p.m. • Meridian School Board, Meridian High School board ...

Calendar – Week of Sept. 6

Ongoing Noon music The Jansen Art Center, 321 Front St., hosts free live noon-hour entertainment on Wednesdays in the Piano Lounge. Sylvia Bos plays Sept. 6, Linda Roorda Sept. 13, ...

PHOTOS: Ferndale Street Festival

… This content is for subscribers only. Already a subscriber? Login or Subscribe Now