Latest Community

Calendar – Week of Aug. 23

Ongoing Noon music The Jansen Art Center, 321 Front St., hosts free live noon-hour entertainment on Wednesdays in the Piano Lounge. Jan Brink plays Aug. 23, Jacqui Martin Aug. 30 and ...

A summer’s worth of good times

This is a column by Ferndale Mayor Jon Mutchler A couple hundred new homes, new families and new businesses: it can seem like Ferndale is rapidly changing. Sure, the Nooksack may rise ...

Letters to the Editor — July 26, 2017

Supports Karlberg I write in support of Doug Karlberg’s candidacy for port commissioner from District 2. If you live in the Lynden/Everson/Sumas area, your votes will be decisive ...

Calendar – Week of July 26

Ongoing Noon music The Jansen Art Center, 321 Front St., hosts free live noon-hour entertainment each Wednesday in the Piano Lounge. Jacqui Martin plays July 26 and Sylvia Bos Aug. ...

College honors

EASTERN WASHINGTON CHENEY ­— Local students are listed on the dean’s list for the spring 2017 quarter that ended June 16 at Eastern Washington University. Deming — Cory Bergh, ...

Calendar – Week of July 19

ONGOING Noon music The Jansen Art Center, 321 Front St., hosts free live noon-hour entertainment each Wednesday in the Piano Lounge. Jan Brink plays July 19, Jacqui Martin July 26 and ...

Calendar – Week of July 12

Ongoing Reading aloud It’s Story Time, reading aloud from favorite books, at 11 a.m. each Wednesday and 2 p.m. each Saturday in the downtown Lynden Village Books store. Noon music ...

Calendar – Week of July 5

Ongoing Farmers market The Lynden Farmers Market is each Thursday from noon to 5 p.m. in Centennial Park at Fourth and Grover streets. Check out the vendors’ produce, crafts and hot ...

Letters to the Editor — June 28, 2017

Changing the country Our new Supreme Court justice is on my same page being a great-grandson of first settlers. I want to change what this country is becoming. Bill Maher, a TV politically ...

Langley learned the foothills area as a deputy

He is now a County Council candidate WHATCOM — Cliff Langley, for 35 years a sheriff’s deputy working in the foothills area, is now running for the new District 3 position of the ...