Latest Community

Calendar – Week of July 12

Ongoing Reading aloud It’s Story Time, reading aloud from favorite books, at 11 a.m. each Wednesday and 2 p.m. each Saturday in the downtown Lynden Village Books store. Noon music ...

Calendar – Week of July 5

Ongoing Farmers market The Lynden Farmers Market is each Thursday from noon to 5 p.m. in Centennial Park at Fourth and Grover streets. Check out the vendors’ produce, crafts and hot ...

Letters to the Editor — June 28, 2017

Changing the country Our new Supreme Court justice is on my same page being a great-grandson of first settlers. I want to change what this country is becoming. Bill Maher, a TV politically ...

Langley learned the foothills area as a deputy

He is now a County Council candidate WHATCOM — Cliff Langley, for 35 years a sheriff’s deputy working in the foothills area, is now running for the new District 3 position of the ...

Letters to the Editor — May 31, 2017

Where’s Donald? As a loyal super-fan of the Bellingham Herald, I had been faithfully following all the news fit to print about President Trump’s international visits to Saudi Arabia, ...

Letters to the Editor — May 24, 2017

Honoring veterans Our Memorial Day is coming up in just a few days. This is the most sacred of all veterans’ memorials in this great and wonderful United States of America that our ...

Calendar – Week of May 17

ONGOING Musical ‘Godspell’ The musical “Godspell,” based on the Gospel of Matthew, is wrapping up at the Claire vg Thomas Theatre, 655 Front St., Lynden. Shawn Fuller directs. ...

Letters to the Editor — May 10, 2017

Praising ‘Godspell’ Tonight a group of us attended the opening night production of the musical “Godspell” in the Claire vg Thomas Theatre. It is the story of the Book of Matthew. ...

Letters to the Editor — May 3, 2017

Common sense needed on County Council Water has been in the ground for thousands of years. What will happen as our population increases and we begin to draw down the ground water? This ...

Calendar – Week of April 19

Ongoing Lunchtime music Each Wednesday, a local musician performs during the lunch hour at the Jansen Art Center, 321 Front St., as guests enjoy lunch at the Firehall Cafe. Free. Jacqui ...