Latest Community

PHOTOS: Ferndale Street Festival

… This content is for subscribers only. Already a subscriber? Login or Subscribe Now

Rural water block will hit all of us

This is a guest opinion submitted by the Building Industry Association of Whatcom County. We need your help. Before the state Legislature adjourned, the Senate and House negotiated ...

Calendar – Week of Aug. 30

Ongoing Noon music The Jansen Art Center, 321 Front St., hosts free live noon-hour entertainment on Wednesdays in the Piano Lounge. Jacqui Martin plays Aug. 30, Sylvia Bos Sept. 6 and ...

Letters to the Editor — Aug. 23, 2017

A charming town I am a visitor from India and this is my second visit to beautiful Lynden, which is also home to one of my relatives. Last year, I was here just for a night before heading ...

Calendar – Week of Aug. 23

Ongoing Noon music The Jansen Art Center, 321 Front St., hosts free live noon-hour entertainment on Wednesdays in the Piano Lounge. Jan Brink plays Aug. 23, Jacqui Martin Aug. 30 and ...

A summer’s worth of good times

This is a column by Ferndale Mayor Jon Mutchler A couple hundred new homes, new families and new businesses: it can seem like Ferndale is rapidly changing. Sure, the Nooksack may rise ...

Letters to the Editor — July 26, 2017

Supports Karlberg I write in support of Doug Karlberg’s candidacy for port commissioner from District 2. If you live in the Lynden/Everson/Sumas area, your votes will be decisive ...

Calendar – Week of July 26

Ongoing Noon music The Jansen Art Center, 321 Front St., hosts free live noon-hour entertainment each Wednesday in the Piano Lounge. Jacqui Martin plays July 26 and Sylvia Bos Aug. ...

College honors

EASTERN WASHINGTON CHENEY ­— Local students are listed on the dean’s list for the spring 2017 quarter that ended June 16 at Eastern Washington University. Deming — Cory Bergh, ...

Calendar – Week of July 19

ONGOING Noon music The Jansen Art Center, 321 Front St., hosts free live noon-hour entertainment each Wednesday in the Piano Lounge. Jan Brink plays July 19, Jacqui Martin July 26 and ...