Latest Community

Letters to the Editor — Dec. 14, 2016

Shocked at PDC In 2015 I received a mailer prior to the vote regarding a tax measure to fund our new jail. I found it timely, helpful and informative, precisely what I needed to be ...

Calendar for Dec. 7

Thursday Santa at Laurel Laurel Farm & Western Supply, 325 W. Laurel Rd., has its annual moonlight sale from 3 to 9 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 8, with Santa also showing up and a 4-H club ...

Together let’s talk about Whatcom’s water issues

This is a guest column from Satpal S. Sidhu, Whatcom County Council member serving District 2. Researching and learning about the water rights issue in our county and state over the ...

Hospice auction raises $415,000

BELLINGHAM — The Whatcom Hospice Foundation’s 16th annual “Light the Night” gala auction on Nov. 12 hosted 377 guests and raised just over $415,000 for Whatcom Hospice. Hospice ...

Public Meetings — Nov. 30, 2016

Wednesday, Nov. 30 • National Processed Raspberry Council, Lynden, Jansen Art Center, 321 Front St., 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. The research, food safety and marketing committees report. Monday, ...

Letters to the Editor — Oct. 19, 2016

Supports EMS levy We have a special opportunity come election day to support a stable source of financing for the next six years for our all-important Emergency Medical Services. It ...

Calendar for Oct. 12

Thursday Farmers market This Thursday, Oct. 13, from noon to 5 p.m., is the last Lynden Farmers Market of the 2016 season in Centennial Park at Fourth and Grover streets. Check out ...

Letters to the Editor — Oct. 12, 2016

Donald Trump is conservative The unspoken wish list of elite “conservatives” is the status quo — to keep their cushy jobs in Congress and have talking points to chew on in public ...

Public Meetings — Oct. 12, 2016

Wednesday, Oct. 12 • Whatcom County Agricultural Advisory Committee, Northwest Annex conference room, Planning and Development Services, 5280 Northwest Dr., Bellingham, 3:30 p.m. ...

Public Meetings — Oct. 5, 2016

Wednesday, Oct. 5 • Lynden Historic Preservation Commission, Lynden Pioneer Museum conference room, 217 Front St., 8 a.m. A public hearing will be held on the special-valuation application ...