Latest Community

Ferndale Street Festival coming up

It’s Aug. 28-29 downtown   FERNDALE — The Ferndale Chamber of Commerce is presenting the 12th annual Ferndale Street Festival on Aug. 28 from 6 to 11:30 p.m. and Aug. 29 from ...

Time-saving frozen ground beef recipes make dinner a breeze

  It’s coming. Can you feel it?   The school supply aisles are fully stocked, back-to-school clothes sales are running, and registrations have begun. Like it or not, the busy ...

Custer Days fun

… This content is for subscribers only. Already a subscriber? Login or Subscribe Now

Potatoes & Sausage with an English Twist

  There are two important things you need to know about my family to truly appreciate the recipe I’m sharing today. First, I have a meat and potatoes kind of family. Sure, they’ll ...

25th annual Custer Days on for this weekend

Parade, car show, street dance set; organizer looking for a replacement By Brent Lindquist [email protected] CUSTER — For Nicole Perry, Custer Days is very much about nostalgia. ...

Fruity Jello recipes go beyond the ordinary

  “There’s always room for Jello!”   It’s a nostalgic slogan from childhood, reminding me of those iconic, brightly-colored squares of fruity goodness found on every ...

Firecracker Rod Run this weekend

Forecast for event is hot, sunny By Kevin Doucette [email protected] FERNDALE — The 30th annual Firecracker Rod Run in Ferndale will be held Saturday, June 11, at Pioneer Park. ...

Staying cool

… This content is for subscribers only. Already a subscriber? Login or Subscribe Now

Treva Wright turns 99 at Louisa Place

Hard work and honesty are her keys to a full and happy life FERNDALE — Treva Wright, a resident of Louisa Place on Main Street, spent Sunday with family and friends who celebrated ...

Senior center holds musical entertainment Thursday

Chuck Dingee and Joe Young entertain with classic hits FERNDALE — The Ferndale Senior Activity Center will host an evening of musical entertainment on Thursday, with musicians Chuck ...