Latest Community

PSE offering energy-efficient options at street festival

In 2014, program helped save 418 million on energy bills FERNDALE — Temperatures have broken records this summer, and energy usage could still climb before fall for people looking ...

Fruity harvest makes for delicious dessert options

I love living in Washington State. Not only do we have some of the most mouth-watering fruit around, but the weather is usually pleasant enough that plucking the peaches from the tree ...

Get muddy this weekend

… This content is for subscribers only. Already a subscriber? Login or Subscribe Now

Simple roasted chicken makes for super leftover options

  There is no food quite as homey and comforting to me as a roasted chicken. It makes me think of Sunday dinners with my grandparents. Feasting on savory roast chicken with mashed ...

Ferndale Street Festival coming up

It’s Aug. 28-29 downtown   FERNDALE — The Ferndale Chamber of Commerce is presenting the 12th annual Ferndale Street Festival on Aug. 28 from 6 to 11:30 p.m. and Aug. 29 from ...

Time-saving frozen ground beef recipes make dinner a breeze

  It’s coming. Can you feel it?   The school supply aisles are fully stocked, back-to-school clothes sales are running, and registrations have begun. Like it or not, the busy ...

Custer Days fun

… This content is for subscribers only. Already a subscriber? Login or Subscribe Now

Potatoes & Sausage with an English Twist

  There are two important things you need to know about my family to truly appreciate the recipe I’m sharing today. First, I have a meat and potatoes kind of family. Sure, they’ll ...

25th annual Custer Days on for this weekend

Parade, car show, street dance set; organizer looking for a replacement By Brent Lindquist [email protected] CUSTER — For Nicole Perry, Custer Days is very much about nostalgia. ...

Fruity Jello recipes go beyond the ordinary

  “There’s always room for Jello!”   It’s a nostalgic slogan from childhood, reminding me of those iconic, brightly-colored squares of fruity goodness found on every ...