Latest Community

African Children’s Choir performing here April 3-8

Organization takes children in when families are unable By Brent Lindquist [email protected] WHATCOM — The African Children’s Choir will be doing three Whatcom County performances ...

Whatcom ‘feels the Bern’ for Sanders

Democrats in caucuses here join in statewide surge By Calvin Bratt [email protected]   WHATCOM ­— Local Democrats followed the statewide lead in choosing Bernie Sanders ...

Help choose a Metallica logo for the Star Park

City looking to incorporate signature Ferndale elements in park design; volunteers still needed for build By Brent Lindquist [email protected] FERNDALE — The rail bridge over ...

Cherry Blossom Festival coming up

Event celebrates local relationship with Japanese sister city; FHS class helped with landscaping By Brent Lindquist [email protected] FERNDALE — Ferndale and the Japanese city ...

Slow-cooker pot of beans usable in many ways

By Melissa Horton The older I get, the more I enjoy making food from scratch. I love knowing exactly what is in my food, and having the flexibility to adapt recipes to make them healthier ...

Wholesome bars make tasty after-school treat

By Melissa Horton   I have great memories of coming home after school and heading into the kitchen for a little snack. Thinking really does make you hungry, and my mom always had ...

Ferndale firefighters give back

Work party coming up this weekend to renew Blaine family’s home; online fundraiser live By Brent Lindquist [email protected]   FERNDALE — In times of hardship, certain ...

Record readers support Ferndale Food Bank

Community donated more than $1,200 to Record’s Readers Care Fund By Brent Lindquist [email protected] FERNDALE — Protein is the building block of a meal, and the money raised ...

Homemade pasta shines in simple recipe

by Melissa Horton   Pasta…Garlic…Cream…Tomato…Wine.   Interested yet? Sounds like a great start to a recipe, if you ask me!   Today, I’m sharing a new favorite ...

Local dentists reflect on Tucker’s legacy

A Ferndale staple for 65 years, Richard Tucker pioneered gold foil restoration technique, founded study clubs By Brent Lindquist [email protected] FERNDALE — The late Richard ...